Welcome to the API documentation for the DPD Fresh Webservices
This wiki describes how to integrate DPD Shipper Webservices into your own application. This API is part of the larger API structure used by DPD non-food shippers and will share it's way of working and logic for the most part. So all theoretical (non-content!) documentation found on https://doc.dpd.be/shipper-webservice can be consulted for deeper understanding of the DPD Fresh API endpoints
These services are available and tested currently for DPD Fresh:
- The Login Service to authenticate the user. This step will respond with an authentication token, which you will need to communicate with the other Services below.
- The Shipment Service to generate parcel labels
- STAGE: https://wsshipper.dpd.be/soap.test/wsdl/ShipmentServiceV34.wsdl
- LIVE: https://wsshipper.dpd.be/soap/WSDL/ShipmentServiceV34.wsdl
- ! - Do not use the above endpoints for non-Fresh, non-Freeze, non-Food shipments - !
Will be added later on after testing:
- The Parcel LifeCycle Service to request the status of your parcel.
- The End-of-Day service to compose a list of your shipments.
For the time being, only SOAP 1.1 calls are supported. REST services will be made available later on. Please use the 'GET' method to obtain valid responses from both environments.
Our Webservices have a Staging environment and a Live environment. Staging is for tests and will produce labels that are not valid (which can be recognized because there's "DEMO" written on them)
Live is for making actual shipments. It's recommended to properly test your integration solution first, which you can use the Staging environment for.
By integrating your system via our services your integration will always be up to speed with the latest developments in the DPD System.
The KPI's mentioned here are the system response times for the live environment. The stage environment have no KPI's. External factors like narrow-band internet, routings and other factors outside DPD systems, are non measurable and out of scope.
What you can expect
- Login Service (max 0.5 sec.)
- Shipment Service :: Depending on the amount of labels in the request (between 1 and 20) max 5 sec.
What we expect
- Please refer to the API Develop Guidelines document (uploaded here soon)
Checklist to do to go live
- Contact your sales contact and request a staging account for the DPD Shipper Webservices.
- You will receive stage credentials from DPD Customer IT.
- Start developing against our web services (Put your IT dep. in contact with DPD IT for sparring purposes)
- Generate a label for each product you wish to use
- Send these labels (PDF) to your responsible DPD IT department (IT.CS@dpd.be)
- Fix possible issues requested by DPD IT CS
- Go back to step 4 (if applicable)
- Request switch to live environment
- Test products with live parcels. (mandatory when requesting driver pickups)