With the help of an import profile you can assign the columns in your import file to the fields that Shipper uses.
To create an import profile, go to "Import Profiles" on the left, choose between Shipments, Collection Requests or Recipients, and then click "Add".
In the next screen you can enter the parameters of your file.
Profile Name: a free name you can give to your import profile. It doesn't matter what you fill in but it can't be blank.
Code: a free code you can give to your profile. As above, it doesn't matter what, but it can't be blank.
If your file does not contain a header line you must check this before you go to the next step!
You can leave most of the fields here automatically.
Once you have entered the parameters, click on assignment at the top. Here you can assign the columns to a field value.
To start, choose an example file by clicking on "Select file ..."
There are 3 options for assigning fields:
- Field name - Link a column from your file with the correct field in Shipper.
- Transformation - Transform a value from your file into a value that Shipper can use. Look at transformations for detailed explanation
- Constant - Put a fixed value in your import profile, if your packages are always 5 kilos you can give that here as a fixed value.
When you're done, don't forget to save.
- Mandatory fields can be recognized by the asterisk (*)
- Weights must always be given in decagram (5 kg = 500)
- Countries must be included in ISO-2 format (BE, LU, NL, ...), they are in your file otherwise you can use a transformation
- If you do not use a header, you must assign the columns with the column number that starts from 0